University of Arizona
If You are Looking for Jobs in Tucson, Check out this Library Services Associate Job Vacancy in Tucson. The position functions as an integral part of the Collection Services department with primary responsibility for the acquisition of materials in all formats for the UA Libraries.
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
- Reviews requests for library material submitted by library selectors, faculty, and students, assess availability, locates appropriate vendors, and communicates with requesters to problem-solve complex requests;
- Places firm orders for material in all formats, creates order records in the Library Services Platform (LSP), monitors order fulfillment, and communicates with vendors as needed to resolve issues;
- Interacts with a variety of vendors and vendor systems and continually monitors and responds to changes in vendors, vendor contracts, and vendor services;
- Receives and reconciles invoices in preparation for payment in Accounting;
- Participates in the workflows that maintain the libraries’ demand-driven, evidence-based, approval, and other acquisitions programs;
- Supports our Course-Driven Acquisition program [CDA] by acquiring material requested by instructors in all formats, including ebooks and streaming video;
- The Libraries support the UA’s diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiatives designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The incumbent is expected to support diversity and inclusiveness efforts in the department and college;
- Other duties as assigned.