Website Spirit Airlines
If you are looking for Jobs in Newport News, you can apply for this Cabin Crew Job. Flight Attendants are the face of Spirit – they welcome Guests with a smile; they are fun and friendly, relaxed and confident, playful yet professional. Spirit Flight Attendants care about getting Guests where they need to be safely, reliably, and on time. As a Spirit Flight Attendant, you are responsible for providing excellence in Guest services and an enjoyable experience onboard any one of our aircraft.
JOB Requirements What We Need?
- Must be able to make announcements, give emergency orders, and communicate in the English language
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Able to attend up to 6 1/2 weeks of unpaid training in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and, if employed, move immediately to the city to which you are assigned as a base
- Able to be on call and available to report for duty in your assigned base (reserve duty). Reserve duty may continue for an undetermined amount of years.
- Able to attend up to six (6) weeks of unpaid training in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and move immediately to the city to which you are assigned as a base
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Height and weight must allow for the safe operation of the aircraft and may not exceed specific aircraft dimensions (for example, must be able to sit in the jump seat and fasten the harness, move throughout the cabin aisle, and operate emergency exits).
- Work in climates and locations across the globe and work variable shifts
- Must present a professional image, may not have visible tattoos, facial, multiple or upper ear piercing, or extreme hair color or style while in Flight Attendant Uniform
- Must be in possession of a valid U.S. or Foreign Passport with applicable VISAs
- Competent in handling difficult situations, problem-solving, and complaint resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; friendly reception of all customers
- Be fluent in the Dutch language or another designated language
- Successfully complete a language proficiency screening at a superior rating
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- College education or two years’ customer service experience preferred
- Must possess the legal right to travel unrestricted to/from all states and countries that are served by American Airlines
- Travel documents must remain valid throughout all phases of training and employment