Website Spirit Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Miramar, Check out this Flight Dispatch Officer Job vacancy in Miramar. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits, and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Flight Dispatch Officer
- Responsible for dispatch release and operational control for Spirit’s flight operations in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policy in order to provide safe, comfortable, and on-time service to guests.
- Proactively monitoring en-route aircraft, providing flight crews with timely updates to changes in dispatch parameters, and taking action to deal with unplanned events/situations.
- Making tactical economic decisions to drive efficiency and optimization for the airline.
- Analyzing meteorological data from multiple sources to identify hazards such as convective activity, turbulence, icing, and other factors. Work in conjunction with flight crew to mitigate meteorological threats both in pre-flight and en route phases.
- Keeping all stakeholders informed of significant changes in flight status, aircraft substitutions, delays, unscheduled landings, diversions, or cancellations.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Licensed airman certification by the FAA (Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate).
- Two years of dispatch experience with a Part 121 Air Carrier (preferred).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of aviation meteorology and practical application of weather synopsis and forecast products.
- Satisfactory completion of the training, testing, and checking requirements as defined in Spirit Airline’s Flight Operations Training Manual (FOTM).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Air Regulations.
Job Details Company Name : Spirit Airlines Location : Miramar, Florida; Orlando, Florida Job Type : Full-Time