If you are looking for Jobs in Baltimore, you can apply for this Cabin Crew Job. Spirit Airlines, Inc. is an American ultra-low-cost carrier headquartered in Miramar, Florida. It is the seventh-largest commercial airline in the United States. Spirit operates scheduled flights throughout the United States and in the Caribbean, Mexico, Latin America, and South America.
The airline operates bases in Atlantic City, Chicago–O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Las Vegas.
Job Requirements What We Need?
- Must be able to make announcements, give emergency orders, and communicate in the English language
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Able to be on call and available to report for duty in your assigned base (reserve duty). Reserve duty may continue for an undetermined amount of years.
- Able to attend up to 6 1/2 weeks of unpaid training in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and, if employed, move immediately to the city to which you are assigned as a base
- Must present a professional image, may not have visible tattoos, facial, multiple or upper ear piercing, or extreme hair color or style while in Flight Attendant Uniform
- Competent in handling difficult situations, problem-solving, and complaint resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; friendly reception of all customers
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Height and weight must allow for the safe operation of the aircraft and may not exceed specific aircraft dimensions (for example, must be able to sit in the jump seat and fasten the harness, move throughout the cabin aisle, and operate emergency exits).
- Work in climates and locations across the globe and work variable shifts
- Able to attend up to six (6) weeks of unpaid training in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and move immediately to the city to which you are assigned as a base
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Be fluent in the Dutch language or another designated language
- Complete a language proficiency screening at a superior rating
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- College education or two years’ customer service experience preferred
- Must possess the legal right to travel unrestricted to/from all states and countries that are served by American Airlines
- Travel documents must remain valid throughout all phases of training and employment