Website United Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Portland, Check out this Ramp Service Employee Job vacancy in Portland. As part of our baggage handling team, you will work closely with the United fleet of aircraft to meet arriving and departing flights.
You will be in constant motion as you take on many assignments like loading and unloading aircraft cargo, moving baggage to and from terminals, and receiving and dispatching aircraft. It’s a varied job that can be fun, rewarding, and exhilarating, all at once.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Ramp Service Employee
- You’ll be working planeside and outside in all kinds of weather and temperatures (we have fun treats like hot chocolate and popsicles when it’s really extreme!)
- Physical activity is a critical component of this operation. You will be walking and standing most of the day and lifting and transporting many items per flight – in some cases items weighing as much as 70 lbs.
- From time to time, overtime may be required to help us serve our customers
- You’ll use United technology to track bags and get your assignments.
- You and your coworkers work together to get it done, protect each other’s safety and have a good time
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Comfortable working with computers, mobile devices, and new technologies
- Physical ability to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift, as well as lift and handle baggage
- Eligibility to obtain necessary credentials and clearances (FAA, TSA, Port Authority, U.S. Customs, and U.S. Postal)
- A valid state-issued driver’s license with an acceptable driving record; must be able to operate automotive and other ramp equipment
- Ability to pass a background check, physical abilities test, hearing, and vision tests, and drug screen
- Must NOT have lived outside of the United States in the past 5 years for any period longer than six months, excluding military duty or government-approved exceptions
Job Details Company Name : United Airlines Location : Portland, OR, USA Job Type : Full-Time