If You are Looking for Jobs in Long Island City, Check out this Manager Financial Reporting Job vacancy in Long Island City. Every decision JetBlue has made throughout the pandemic has been with our safety values front and center. Whether it’s requiring masks or many of the other health and safety protocols we’ve had to navigate during the pandemic, all of these efforts have been focused on making the workplace and air travel safer for you and our Customers.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all JetBlue employees. New hire employees must be fully vaccinated prior to the start of training.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Manager Financial Reporting
- Responsible for derivative accounting, including fuel hedges and the accounting for Crewmember stock incentive compensation.
- Compile 401(k) plan financial statements and coordinate audit activities
- Coordinate with a cross-functional team from Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Investor Relations, and Legal.
- Responsible for completing numerous domestic and international government surveys
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements, research technical accounting issues, and assist in determining the impact on financial statements and disclosures.
- Prepare written technical accounting memos and consult with senior management regarding JetBlue’s alternatives with respect to these issues.
- Partner with external and internal auditors and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls
- Take a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support their engagement, growth, and goal achievement
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Five (5) years of experience in Public Accounting and/or in a financial reporting/accounting capacity of an SEC registrant
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Authorization to work in the US is required, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Proven understanding of accounting theory and the United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Job Details Company Name : jetblue Location : Long Island City Job Type : Full-Time