Website United Airlines
Are you an experienced Java and Cloud Developer looking for your next career opportunity? United Airlines is hiring for a Java and Cloud Developer position in Houston! In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining applications in the cloud using Java and other relevant technologies. If you have a strong background in Java and cloud development, and are looking to join a dynamic and innovative team, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity at United Airlines in Houston.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full stack developer working on critical frameworks, core business capabilities, and modernization of legacy services as applications are migrated to the cloud
- Work with AWS native technologies such as EC2, EKS, Lambda, AmazonMQ, API Gateway, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, etc.
- Develop advanced applications using JAVA and other open-source technologies
- Work on serverless technologies, services, and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Recommend system solutions by comparing the advantages and disadvantages of alternative solutions
- Ensure regulatory compliance requirements are addressed (e.g., PCI, PII, GDPR)
Q – What experience is needed for this position?
Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in application development and the SDLC lifecycle. They should also have a minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with Java, Spring Boot, Apache Camel, and other open-source technologies. Experience with foundational AWS Services, such as EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudTrail, CloudFront, Lambda, EKS, and/or ECS, is also required. Experience with analytic tools, such as ELK Stack, Google Analytics, or AppD, is preferred.
Q – Is language proficiency required for this position?
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required for this position. It is not specified if proficiency in any particular language is required.
Q – What are the educational qualifications needed to apply for this Java and Cloud Developer position at United Airlines in Houston?
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is required. Alternatively, applicants may have 4 years of equivalent work experience.
Conclusion: if you are an experienced Java and Cloud Developer with a strong background in application development and the SDLC lifecycle, and are looking to join a dynamic and innovative team at United Airlines in Houston, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. With the chance to work with a range of AWS native technologies and open-source technologies, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the company’s critical frameworks and core business capabilities. If you have strong communication skills, are self-motivated, and have a knack for problem-solving, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to advance your career.