Website Southwest Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Chicago, Check out this GSE Technician Job Vacancy in Chicago. The work of a Ground Equipment Mechanic includes performing mechanical maintenance work such as dismantling, repairing, fabricating, welding, altering, painting, and maintaining automotive, ramp, provisioning, and deicing equipment and components.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a GSE Technician
- Diagnoses and repairs various types of automotive, ramp, provisioning, and deicing equipment utilized within the airline industry.
- Create and track work orders performed in a timely manner into the maintenance tracking program.
- Required to wear Company visual identification card, prominently displayed above the waist for ready recognition.
- Performs both preventative maintenance and unscheduled maintenance on all airline ground equipment.
- Attends initial and ongoing training, and keeps current on knowledge, information, and equipment to maintain proficiency in their work.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Must be able to work in the vicinity of ramps, hangars, and terminals.
- Must be able to perform job functions within a confined space or in potentially hazardous areas.
- May be required to work thru inclement weather
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop on a frequent basis, and for extended periods.
- Required proficiency in the maintenance and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Required ability to perform minor or major body repair.
Job Details Company Name : Southwest Airlines Location : Chicago, IL, USA Job Type : Full-Time