Website American Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Detroit, Check out this Fleet Service Agent Job vacancy in Detroit. Fleet Service Clerks perform the handling of items on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks; transporting items between terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing, and documenting cargo in a cargo-specific facility (warehouse) or a loading dock area.
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Fleet Service Agent
- Reads and fills out legibly, documents and forms necessary to the operational requirements of the airline. Includes the ability to perform data entry.
- The cleaning and servicing of aircraft interiors, including cabin cockpit and lavatories; checking, handling, assembling, removing, and installing passenger service cabin furnishings and supplies according to to check list specifications.
- Transporting furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft interiors.
- External servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, potable water, external electricity, air start, and preconditioned air; includes checking all fluid levels.
- De-icing aircraft. May be required to work at heights while de-icing aircraft
- The filling of fuel trucks from storage tanks, driving fuel trucks and servicing aircraft and ground equipment as required.
- May require monitoring and maintenance of aircraft fuel and oil tanks by taking stick readings and checking fuel truck meter.
- Operation and maintenance of fuel storage facilities including ordering and checking deliveries of fuel and oil. Assisting in loading, unloading, and racking both filled and empty drums.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Good communication skills
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Lift, load, unload, and transport bags and cargo to/from aircraft, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
- People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check, and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
Job Details Company Name : American Airlines Location : Detroit, MI, USA Job Type : Full-Time