Website British Airways
If you are looking for Jobs in Washington, you can apply for this Cabin Crew Job. British Airways (BA) is the flag carrier and the largest airline in the United Kingdom-based on fleet size, or the second-largest, behind easyJet, when measured by passengers carried. The airline is based in Waterside near its main hub at London Heathrow Airport. In January 2011 BA merged with Iberia, creating the International Airlines Group (IAG), a holding company registered in Madrid, Spain.
Duties And Responsibilities What You Have to Do
- Welcomes passengers and assists in their boarding formalities; enters necessary data into the aircraft logbook as per Air Arabia and GCAA/CAA adopted procedures.
- Contributes to maximizing onboard revenue and the “Charity Cloud” program by efficiently promoting the on-board meals, products, and charity services and thereby achieves individual and team targets.
- Provides constant excellent customer service to passengers by attending to their pre-bookings, requests, and needs.
- Identifies and assists passengers experiencing stress or difficulties by the corresponding policies and procedures detailed in the Operations Manual and other relevant instructions.
- Ensures proper and secure handling of cash and credit card payments received against individual sales and donations managed by him/her.
- Instructs passengers on safety procedures to be followed ensuring their safety and comfort at all times.
- Administers first aid to passengers where necessary.
- Informs Cabin Supervisor, Flight Crew, and Captain, as appropriate, with any irregularities and malfunctions promptly.
- Identifies areas of safety and security risks and partners with the Cabin Supervisor to take remedial action by the SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
Crosschecking and Reports:
- Carries out pre-flight checks to ensure sufficient supplies, emergency equipment, catering equipment, and other specified equipment before taking off; provides a report for any deficiencies to Cabin Supervisor and/or Captain as appropriate.
- Assists in ensuring the aircraft cabin are cleaned thoroughly at transit stations and that adequate re-catering and duty-free products are provided before flying.
- Accounts to Cabin Supervisor for the conduct of passengers; carries out the duties of ‘Cabin Supervisor’ when designated as such by the Captain.
- Carries out the post-flight briefing and assessment reports as per adopted policies and procedures: provides objective evaluation of the Cabin Supervisor, reports any problems or discrepancies on the flight, closing and sealing of duty-free containers.
- Maintains necessary professional and safety knowledge and competitiveness by attending recurrent training, emergency procedures training, and educational workshops and by ensuring current license.
- Ensures orderly and complete handover/takeover of the cabin to/from catering, cleaning, and/or maintenance staff.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results and achieving allocated sales targets and objectives.