Website American Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs at John F Kennedy, Check out this Plant Maintenance Mechanic Job vacancy in John F Kennedy. Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of yourself.
As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Plant Maintenance Mechanic
- The work of a Ground Service Equipment Mechanic shall consist of repairing, maintaining, and upgrading the company’s fleet of ground support equipment.
- Works according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures and instructions from a Crew Chief or supervisor.
- Those duties will include, among others, the necessary sequence of operations to troubleshoot, disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, assemble, install and adjust automotive and ground equipment, machinery, accessories, parts, etc and explain the work procedures to personnel assigned to assist in that work.
- Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures.
- Will communicate with other company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
- In addition to the above duties, performs the following duties as assigned: requesting parts, cleaning the work area, and connecting/removing ground power and ground start units.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Minimum of eighteen (18) months of training from an accredited school in automotive mechanical maintenance, or 18 months of mechanical experience on automotive equipment.
- Possess the applicable state or city license.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off.
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA).
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance with Company Safety Guidelines.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
Job Details Company Name : American Airlines Location : John F Kennedy Job Type : Full-Time