Website American Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in New York City, Check out this Material Logistics Specialist Job vacancy in New York City. Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of yourself.
As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Material Logistics Specialist
- The pickup and delivery of parts and materials to designated locations, the driving of motor vehicles, and the operation of Stores equipment. Delivery, transfer, preparation for shipment, and receipt of AOG and OTS parts. Receiving and preparing for shipment of parts and materials, including Hazardous Materials.
- Identifying items; lifting, carrying, binning, and pulling items from stock; loading, unloading, packing, and unpacking items; and related physical work.
- Maintains inventory within established specifications and in serviceable condition.
- Keeps work and adjacent areas clear. Stores items according to Company, fire, safety, and “good housekeeping” regulations and practices. Cleans and services equipment used to keep it in operating condition and presentable and reports need for repairs.
- Works according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures and instructions from a Crew Chief or supervisor.
- As may apply to work assignment, climbs on ladders, bins, etc., drives or guides powered equipment such as industrial tractors with or without a trailer, forklift, truck or other Company motorized vehicles in the movement of parts, equipment, tooling, uses hand tools such as but not limited to, power saw, hammer, crowbar, pliers, screwdriver.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Use simple arithmetic (Addition and subtraction of six-digit numbers)
- Must have knowledge of and the ability to use basic computer skills.
- Expected to meet all qualifications as designated in the Material Process Specification Manual (MPSM) and satisfactorily demonstrate qualifications by successfully completing the applicable test(s) prior to the expiration of the probationary period.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance with Company Safety Guidelines.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
Job Details Company Name : American Airlines Location : New York City Job Type : Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit jobs.aa.com.