Website Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines Jobs in Virginia Beach Good News! Alaska Airlines have job openings for Flight Attendant jobs in Virginia Beach, If you are looking for Jobs in Virginia Beach, you can apply on this Flight Attendant Job.
JOB Requirements What We Need?
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Be at least 21 years of age by January 1, 2022
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role which requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting (i.e., pushing/pulling beverage or food carts and lifting and opening emergency aircraft doors)
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened
- Willingness to accept assignment to any Flight Attendant base after graduation from training, as dictated by the needs of the operation
- Must be willing to relocate to or commute (i.e. standby travel) to and from your assigned base location
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours when needed
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently
- Ability to obtain and keep current a passport and travel documents to freely enter and exit places where Delta flies
- Must be willing to change and adapt to meet the demands of the job, including dealing with scheduling changes on short-notice
- Must be willing to fly both International and Domestic routes
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Ability to open emergency exits and close aircraft doors weighing up to 60 pounds and use of a food/beverage cart requiring 32lbs of force when pushing or pulling
- Complete a pre-employment Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test, and comprehensive background check, including government-required fingerprint-based criminal history record check
- Ability to retrieve and store items in the overhead bins which can be as high as 74″ from the floor
Duties And Responsibilities What You Have to Do
- Administer and coordinate emergency procedures or provide emergency care (e.g., performing CPR and basic first aid) when needed
- Respond to and provide clear and accurate directions (verbally or non-verbally) to passengers in the event of an emergency
- Make decisions to address issues keeping in line with Delta policies, procedures, and core values
- Meet deadlines and manage unexpected changes in a time-sensitive and stressful environment
- Prepare, serve, and sell beverages (including alcohol) and meals (which may include beef, pork, seafood, peanuts, etc.)
- Answer questions and assist passengers when necessary, particularly those with special needs
- Willingness to comply with our uniform and appearance guidelines, including tattoos and piercings restrictions
- Actively seek to ensure the safety and comfort of customers when an aircraft experiences delays or hits turbulence
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our passengers while providing exceptional customer service, at an altitude of at least 8,000 feet
- Provide assistance lifting and stowing luggage into overhead bins and soliciting assistance when needed
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment and ensure safety requirements are met
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
Note : The only way to apply for a job at Alaska Airlines® is through their site. Alaska Airlines will never ask for any form of payment for your application or training.
To apply for this job please visit alaskaair.jobs.