If you are looking for Jobs in Houston, you can apply for this Flight Attendant Job. American Airlines serves the travel needs of our customers, both domestically and abroad as we care for people on life’s journey. We are looking for individuals who are reliable, resilient, customer-focused, and professional. Listening, taking initiative, and making a difference, our Flight Attendants are champions for an elevated customer experience.
They deliver the best service as ambassadors in the skies and are dedicated to caring for the thousands of people who choose to fly with us.
Job Requirements What We Need?
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Be at least 21 years of age by January 1, 2022
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours when needed
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently
- Ability to obtain and keep current a passport and travel documents to freely enter and exit places where Delta flies
- Complete a pre-employment Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test, and comprehensive background check, including a government-required fingerprint-based criminal history record check
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting (i.e., pushing/pulling beverage or food carts and lifting and opening emergency aircraft doors)
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened
- Willingness to accept an assignment to any Flight Attendant base after graduation from training, as dictated by the needs of the operation
- Must be willing to relocate to or commute (i.e. standby travel) to and from your assigned base location
- Must be willing to change and adapt to meet the demands of the job, including dealing with scheduling changes on short-notice
- Must be willing to fly both International and Domestic routes
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Ability to open emergency exits and close aircraft doors weighing up to 60 pounds and use of a food/beverage cart requiring 32lbs of force when pushing or pulling
- Ability to retrieve and store items in the overhead bins which can be as high as 74″ from the floor