Website Southwest Airlines
If you are looking for Jobs in Spokane Valley, you can apply for this Airport Job. A degree is not usually required to work as an airline cabin crew. However, a degree in travel, tourism, hospitality management, leisure, or languages may be helpful. A nursing degree could also be relevant.
What You Have to Do
- ensure passengers disembark safely at the end of a flight and check that there is no luggage left in the overhead lockers and no stowaways or suspicious items on board.
- give first aid where necessary.
- make announcements on behalf of the pilot and answer questions during the flight.
- carry out pre-flight duties, including checking the safety equipment and doing security checks, ensuring the aircraft is clean and tidy and that information in the seat pockets is up to date and all meals, drinks, and stock are on board.
- check all seat belts and galleys are secure prior to take-off.
- complete paperwork, including writing a flight report.
- serve meals and refreshments.
- attend a pre-flight briefing, during which you’ll be assigned your working positions for the upcoming flight. The crew is informed of flight details, the schedule, the number of infants on board, and if there are passengers with any special requirements, such as diabetic passengers or passengers in wheelchairs.
- be professional, punctual, and courteous at all times.
- deal with any difficult or inebriated passengers (who may be acting in a rude or anti-social way) politely but firmly, to ensure the safety and comfort of everyone on the flight.