Website Southwest Airlines
If you are looking for Jobs in Orlando, you can apply for this Airport Job. A degree is not usually required to work as an airline cabin crew. However, a degree in travel, tourism, hospitality management, leisure, or languages may be helpful. A nursing degree could also be relevant.
What You Have to Do
- be professional, punctual, and courteous at all times
- serve meals and refreshments
- deal with any difficult or inebriated passengers (who may be acting in a rude or anti-social way) politely but firmly, to ensure the safety and comfort of everyone on the flight
- give first aid where necessary
- attend a pre-flight briefing, during which you’ll be assigned your working positions for the upcoming flight. The crew are informed of flight details, the schedule, the number of infants on board and if there are passengers with any special requirements, such as diabetic passengers or passengers in wheelchairs
- carry out pre-flight duties, including checking the safety equipment and doing security checks, ensuring the aircraft is clean and tidy and that information in the seat pockets is up to date and all meals, drinks, and stock are on board
- check all seat belts and galleys are secure before take-off
- inform passengers of the aircraft about safety procedures and ensure that all hand luggage is securely stored away
- make announcements on behalf of the pilot and answer questions during the flight
- complete paperwork, including writing a flight report.