If you are looking for Jobs in Los Angeles, you can apply for this Airport Job. United Airlines, Inc., commonly referred to as just United, is a major American airline headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.
United operates a large domestic and international route network, with an extensive presence in the Asia-Pacific region.
Duties And Responsibilities What You Have to Do
- You will be working outside in all kinds of weather, as we don’t stop flying when it rains, snows, or is too hot.
- You must love physical activity, as you will be lifting as many as 100 items per flight, some weighing as much as 70 lbs.
- You’ll need a commitment to safety at all times, including attention to detail and your surroundings.
- You should be committed to caring for bags as if they were your own (passengers can see you!) and providing excellent customer service for your fellow United employees.
- You will start by loading and unloading aircraft and placing baggage on belts.
- We provide paid training, including 1 week of orientation, 1 week in the classroom, and 1-3 weeks on the job.
- Once you’ve got the basics, you can explore other duties such as de-icing, marshaling aircraft, and driving a wide variety of mechanical equipment like cargo carts and conveyor belts.
- Later, you can grow into a team lead, become a supervisor or manager, or join the team that moves our aircraft.
- You’ll also have the ability to transfer to other locations within our amazing network.
- The ability to work any schedule or shift is crucial
- Since this is a union job based on seniority, you will be assigned your initial schedule to meet our needs at the airport.
- You must be available for day and night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- As you gain seniority, you can trade days with colleagues, pick up extra hours, and have more control over your schedule.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential – we’ve got flight schedules to meet!