If you are looking for Jobs in Houston, you can apply for this Airport Job. United Airlines, Inc., commonly referred to as just United, is a major American airline headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.
United operates a large domestic and international route network, with an extensive presence in the Asia-Pacific region.
Duties And Responsibilities What You Have to Do
- It is vitally important that our Customer Service Representatives make every interaction a positive one
- Whether booking reservations or printing boarding passes, determining alternative flight options, or rebooking a reservation, you must be calm, cool, and collected
- To be successful, you’ll need patience, empathy, the ability to listen, and a knack for making informed decisions in sometimes stressful situations
- Caring happens regardless of our customer’s disposition or travel challenges. There will be moments where you will be required to remain calm, positive, and caring even when our customers are not
- Since this is a union job based on seniority, you will be assigned your initial schedule to meet our needs at the airport
- You must be available for day and night shifts, weekends, and holidays
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary
- As you gain seniority, you can trade days with colleagues, pick up extra hours, and have more control over your schedule
- Punctuality and reliability are essential—we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
- Most new hires start as a Gate or Ticket Agent, helping passengers check-in and board, as well as resolving any issues with travel that arise
- We provide paid training, including 1 week of orientation, 2.5 weeks in the classroom, and 1.5 weeks on the job
- With experience, you can explore roles in gate services, ticketing, baggage services, international flights, and United Club locations, as well as manager or supervisor roles
- You’ll also have the ability to transfer to other locations within our amazing network