Website Southwest Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Houston, Check out this Aircraft Maintenance Technician Job vacancy in Houston. Provides Legendary Customer Service by servicing and maintaining aircraft to ensure an airworthy fleet that will sustain an on-time flight schedule.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education required.
- 2 years of Aircraft Maintenance experience required
- 1-year Heavy jet aircraft of 12,500 lbs or more within the past two years is preferred.
- Must meet the recency of experience requirements of CFR 65.83
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Valid Federal A&P Certificates, as required by Federal Law
- Must be able to perform all job functions within cramped and confined spaces and in hazardous areas.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to lift and move items of up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop frequently and for extended periods.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
- Must be able to perform well in a fast-paced environment working under specific deadlines and time constraints to perform aircraft maintenance to meet the demands of the flight schedule.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in the labor agreement and/or established guidelines.
- Must be able to remain alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment effectively.
- Must be able to read and comprehend maintenance procedures manuals and related documents, wire diagrams, blueprints, Aircraft Change Orders, special items, and log write-ups.
- Must have sufficient computer skills to access and complete computer-based training modules.
- Must be able to meet all training requirements promptly.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions in writing, verbally, or via radio equipment.
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
- Provides friendly service to and maintains a positive relationship with all Internal and External customers.